Update and Enhance
The Grove Plaza Renovation
Visit TheGrovePlaza.com for the most up-to-date information about the renovation taking place on the plaza!
In May 2015, CCDC began an outreach campaign and launched a public survey to gather input and ideas related to what the public wants to see when The Grove Plaza renovation is complete. Using this input, CCDC, with design help from the local Boise firm, CSHQA, and the Portland-based firm, Zimmer Gunsel Frasca (ZGF), is preparing design plans. The plans focus on three key elements: enhance the user experience, nurture the positive community spirit, and use environmentally responsible practices.
CCDC will be renovating the plaza in conjunction with the other major construction projects on The Grove Plaza including the City Center Plaza building, Main Street Station, and the Boise Centre expansion. Construction is slated to begin in early spring of 2016 and planned to be finished in conjunction with the construction taking place on the adjacent properties. Visit www.TheGrovePlaza.com for more information about the renovation and how to buy a personalized brick that will pave the new plaza.
- Renovate the fountain preserving and enhancing its attributes
- Maintain paving as continuous surface with new brick pavers to replace broken and cracked bricks
- Original engraved bricks will be re-engraved and replaced
- Re-initiate a personalized, engraved brick program
- Add supplemental shade structures
- Provide improved performance stage (demountable)
- Install permanent sound and lighting equipment for ambient music and events
- Implement open Wi-Fi access
- Replace old picnic tables and provide additional moveable seating and furniture
- Determine health of trees and replace trees in decline
- Implement suspended paving system to replace the concrete tree wells
- Build green storm water infrastructure and install high efficiency water-wise irrigation system