Since 2003, John has been working as an Investment Brokerage Partner with TOK Commercial Real Estate. He provides his clients with marketing, transaction management, financial analysis, and valuation services related to commercial real estate transactions locally and nationally. John focuses on investment acquisition & disposition as well as retail leasing and sales; advising clients on stabilization strategies to maximize their asset’s values for long term holds or near term sales. He also acts as the Sales Manager of TOK Commercial's Boise and Twin Falls offices, which boast 25 professional brokers, and is a partner in the firm. He was instrumental in the formation of the firm’s Investment Services Group and contributes significantly to the success of the firm’s property management arm.
John graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 1993 with a BA Degree in Geography with a focus on Economic Geography and a BS Degree in Conservation and Resource Studies - Go Bears! He works extensively with non-profit clients and has represented some groups several times, including the Salvation Army, Sage Charter School, Foothills School of Arts & Sciences, and the Idaho Foodbank. John resides in Boise with his wife and two children. They enjoy hiking, skiing, snowboarding, and biking. John was confirmed by the Boise City Council as a CCDC Commissioner on June 29, 2021, for a standard five-year term ending in June 2026, after being appointed by Mayor Lauren McLean.
MEMBERSHIP & ACCOLADES
- 2019 - Selected to be the Sales Manager for 25 agents - Boise and Twin Falls offices
- 2003 to Present - Thornton Oliver Keller, Boise, ID - Partner and Broker
- 2001 - Trammell Crow Company, San Francisco, CA - Broker
- 1999 - Onsite Access, San Francisco, CA - Director of Real Estate
- 1997 - Trammell Crow Company, San Francisco, CA - Broker
- Capital Matrix, Inc. Board Member, Executive Committee
- Retail Broker Network, Investment Sales Council Co-Chair
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), member
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce member, Financial Services Advisory Board member
- Past Chair - Board of Trustees Foothills School of Arts & Sciences
- Idaho Business for the Outdoors, Board member