1010 West Main Street
Averyl Tiner Building
A Type 3 Participation Program Project that makes significant improvements to the restoration of a historic downtown building and the public streetscapes around it.
The Avery Hotel is a proposed 26,250 square foot mixed-use hospitality and restaurant restoration project located at 1010 W. Main Street. Avery LLC, led by local developer Michael Hormaechea. The project is a renovation of the historic Averyl Tiner Building and will include two restaurants on the main level and a boutique hotel in the upper three floors. The Avery Restaurant, a fine dining establishment on the building’s Main Street frontage will seat 90 diners, and the Averyl Tiner gastro pub will seat 70 diners and front Tiner’s alley between S. 10th and 11th Streets. Completion is expected in December 2022.
This unique project provides several opportunities to achieve the original goals and visions for the River Myrtle Old Boise District, which includes the expansion of hotels, restaurants and retail that creates a people-orientated downtown. It also honors downtown Boise’s history and preserves a historic structure with new life and energy.
The building is listed as a contributing element on the National Historic Register. It is the lone remaining unrestored structure on the historic Gem Block and the upper three floors of the building have been vacant since the 1950’s. In July 2021, the CCDC Board approved this project for Type 3 Transformative Assistance Participation to reimburse significant restoration costs for building facades and streetscape, utility, and alleyway improvements. Façade renovation work includes masonry restoration, new windows, new storefront, a new entry, and new steel balconies.
- Located mid-block on W. Main Street, between S. 10th and S. 11th Streets and listed as a contributing element on the National Historic Registry.
- Four story, mixed use with 39 boutique hotel rooms, and 160 restaurant dining seats.
- Estimated job creation of 100 construction jobs and 190 permanent jobs
- $14,250,000 estimated Total Development Costs
- $1,214,613 estimated eligible expenses to restore facades, renovate the streetscapes along Main Street and the alleyway, and add storm water mitigation and utility infrastructure.
CCDC project manager, Alexandra Monjar is overseeing this project.